I got HIV tested today and (yay!) I'm negative. I got tested even though I practice abstinence just because:
- The guy doing the testing looked really, really bored since no one was there
- I was curious to see how HIV testing and counseling is done
- I was curious to learn more about HIV and AIDS
- If 2 parents are positive, it doesn't necessarily mean the child will be positive too. Children can only get it upon birth or if the mother passes it through breast feeding the baby.
- HIV positive couples are still encouraged to use condoms to prevent re-infection since they can have different strands.
- Sexually active people are encouraged to get tested again after 3 months from their last intercourse.